AcaTalk
Welcome to Acatalk. Enjoy your stay here. Please be as you would like to be treated. That is the way we are here. We invite anyone willing to spread his knowledge and love and questions on music reproduction.
AcaTalk
Welcome to Acatalk. Enjoy your stay here. Please be as you would like to be treated. That is the way we are here. We invite anyone willing to spread his knowledge and love and questions on music reproduction.
AcaTalk
Θέλετε να αντιδράσετε στο μήνυμα; Φτιάξτε έναν λογαριασμό και συνδεθείτε για να συνεχίσετε.
AcaTalk

The True essence of any audio system is only one thing. To enjoy the gift given to us by entertaining ourselves with music. Our search is to find the best in that area.

ΦόρουμLatest imagesΕγγραφήΣύνδεση

Diana Krall 'The Look of Love'

Πήγαινε κάτω 
ΣυγγραφέαςΜήνυμα
Trouble
Admin
Trouble

Diana Krall 'The Look of Love' Empty
ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Diana Krall 'The Look of Love'   Diana Krall 'The Look of Love' Icon_minitimeΚυρ Ιουλ 05, 2009 8:11 pm

Diana Krall 'The Look of Love' Rec02_poth2c

Diana Krall 'The Look of Love' (VERSAM 597 M-CH/2-CH SACD)

I have to prepare you for a very subjective view of this album, please do not take this seriously, unless you know me personally and know what I like to hear. This is a great SACD and for those of you who own one, you will honestly find a reason to love your SACD even more. I wonder if I had it on vinyl how it would sound?

With her new album The Look of Love, Diana Krall confirms her exceptional status as a jazz singer. Her new CD is a touch too polished, too clean, but never kitsch, as one might have feared, since the album was recorded together with the London Symphony Orchestra. But the special, sometimes rough-edged character of her previous recordings is missing. Still, these ballads may well encounter as huge a success as her previous CD 'When I Look In Your Eyes', since it also appeals to an audience which normally only listens to pop music. Her new ballads and Bossa Novas are elegant and sensual. Besides, the title song 'The Look of Love', especially her subtle piano playing towards the end of 'Besame Mucho' is enchanting. However, the album's highlight comes with the first song, 'S' Wonderful', which also sums up my general impression: "It's wonderful, it's marvelous." (please remember I am exaggerating)

'The Look of Love' is the fifth album by Diana Krall in a row that Tommy LiPuma produced. LiPuma is also known for his work with Barbara Streisand, Miles Davis, Joao Gilberto, Natalie Cole & Shirley Horn. Regarding Claus Ogerman, D.K. said that, together with Johnny Mandel, he has been her favorite arranger/composer since she was seventeen. Ogerman had an important role on albums recorded by Frank Sinatra, Barbra Streisand and Antonio Carlos Jobim. Ogerman also had been working for years together with LiPuma, for the first time on George Benson's outstanding album 'Breezin'. Since Claus Ogerman featuring Michael Brecker in 1990, the two had gone separate ways. But when Diana Krall was on tour in Munich, LiPuma arranged for her to have lunch with Ogerman. That is how the pianist/singer, the arranger/composer and the producer, began to work on a common project: 'The Look of Love'.

On her new album, Diana Krall's voice sounds fuller, richer and softer than before. Her songs were arranged by Claus Ogerman who also conducts the LSO. 'The Look of Love' gives an impression of unity, despite the fact that it contains material from a lot of different sources: e.g. 'Cry Me A River' by Julie London, 'Love Letters' by Nat King Cole and jazz-standards such as 'Dancing in the Dark' by Arthur Schwartz/Howard Dietz (music/text), 'I Remember You' by Victor Scherzinger/John Mercer and 'S Wonderful' by George & Ira Gershwin.
Musicians: Diana Krall piano & vocals; Russell Malone guitar, Christian McBride acoustic bass; Peter Erskine drums; Jeff Hamilton, Paulinho Da Costa percussion; Luis Conte percussion; Romero Lubambo guitar; John Pisano, Dori Caymmi acoustic guitar; London Symphony Orchestra, Los Angeles Session Orchestra, Claus Ogerman arranger & conductor.

Selections: 'S'Wonderful', 'Love Letters', 'I Remember You', 'Cry Me A River', 'Besame Mucho', 'The Night We Called It A Day', 'Dancing In The Dark', 'I Get Along Without You Very Well', 'The Look Of Love', 'Maybe You'll Be There'.
Επιστροφή στην κορυφή Πήγαινε κάτω
https://acatalk.forumgreek.com

Diana Krall 'The Look of Love'
Επιστροφή στην κορυφή 
Σελίδα 1 από 1

Δικαιώματα σας στην κατηγορία αυτήΔεν μπορείτε να απαντήσετε στα Θέματα αυτής της Δ.Συζήτησης
AcaTalk :: Music :: Music to listen to-
Μετάβαση σε: